Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Trends: Back to School

That's right, today was my first day of school. And I therefore, have three great back to school looks for  this week's fashion post. 

Shirt: Nordstrom Rack Sweater: Nordstrom Rack Pants: Nordstrom Shoes: Target Headband: Nordstrom
(Apparently there's a theme in today's outfit...)
Pairing a bright colored shirt with a soft, neutral cardigan balances the pieces out. A headband is a great place to add a fun print to a color blocked outfit.

Shirt: Urban Outfitters Sweater: Gap Pants: Levi's Shoes: Birkenstock Necklace: Gifted
Wide legged jeans are a great way to dress up what would typically be a fairly casual outfit. Because the jeans are so detailed, it is best to pair them with a plain or more muted top.

Shirt: Macy's Jeans: Gap Shoes: The Loft Necklace: F21 Bracelet: H&M 
First off, don't you love a good pair of skinny jeans? They are the perfect thing to wear on the first day of school. Wearing a solid but detailed shirt adds just enough sophistication while still keeping the look casual. 

Today was in fact, my last first day of school ever. For the past 17 years, I have put together a back-to-school outfit, purchased school supplies, compared class schedules with my friends, speed-walked trying to find and make it to my new classes on time. And today was my last first day of school. It's a strange and bittersweet feeling.

Also, I'm guest posting over at Teatime Thoughts today so go say hello!

Much Love,


10 comments:

B said...

such an adorable outfit you have on!! i love your hair the best i think! haha... though it's super casual - it's really pretty!

happy last first day of school!!
xo!

Unknown said...

These are all very cute. Your headband is my favorite!

Alyssa said...

I have the top you're wearing...it's one of my favorites! I absolutely love the color!

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Anonymous said...

cute trends!

momto8blog said...

great looks! everyone!! kind of bittersweet to be your last, first day... good luck!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Tanya said...

sooo cute!! btw, I just signed up to sponsor you! Your adorable, so I felt like I had to! :)

Pretty in Polkadot said...

Your blog is so cute! So glad I stumbled upon it :) Love the pretty design too!

Melissa
www.prettyinpolkadot.blogspot.com

his little lady said...

Oh back to school shopping. How I miss it! You all look great!
xo TJ

Erin Marie said...

well you are just way too darn cute for your own good. ;) love the outfits and those target sandals were without a doubt the staple of all my summer outfits, love em!

Rachel said...

Those Target sandals are my favorite! I have them in three different colors and I'm so sad summer is over and I can't wear them anymore.

Life Unsweetened