Thursday, July 19, 2012

Put it on the Pizza!


Pizza may be one of my all time favorite meals. Whenever I am hungry, no matter the time of day, I crave pizza so today, I decided to turn my craving into real life. 

I named this pizza creation "Sweet Medley".

Here's what you will need:
1 orange bell pepper
1 sweet onion
Pre-cooked apple chicken sausage
1 diced and thawed chicken breast
mozzarella
basil pesto
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
pizza dough (my favorite is Trader Joe's whole wheat)

STEP 1: Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.

STEP 2: Cut onion and pepper into thin strips.


STEP 3: Heat olive oil on medium heat. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.

STEP 4: In a second pan, saute onions and pepper in olive oil until soft.


STEP 5: Slice sausage into small discs. 

STEP 6: Place dough onto a lightly greased pizza pan.


STEP 7: Smear pesto all over crust, followed by desired amount of cheese, and remaining toppings.


STEP 8: Bake pizza pizza for 20-22 minutes or until crust is crispy.


STEP 9: Eat the most delicious pizza you've ever made!

Have a wonderful Thursday! One more day til the weekend :) 

Yours Truly,


No comments: